Ansible is an open-source IT automation engine that automates provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, orchestration, and many other IT processes. It is one of the most widely-used provisioning tools in the industry to enable infrastructure as code (IAC), made popular by its ease of use and simple, but powerful automation.
With easy integration, you can use Ansible and Spot to fully automate and optimize your cloud infrastructure. Using your Ansible modules, you can create, update and delete Spot resources running in AWS. When infrastructure tasks need to be carried out, Spot provisions resources based on your workload requirements and determines the most efficient mix of server size, type, and lifecycle.
Spot now has a dedicated collection of modules in the Ansible Galaxy allowing Ansible users to easily install the Spot module in a simple, fast, and convenient way.
Spot’s collection includes modules for managing the following products:
- Elastigroup (including using different third-party integration such as ECS, Beanstalk, Kubernetes, etc)
- EMR cluster managed by Elastigroup
- Spot Ocean
- Managed Instance
- Event subscription for Elastigroup
- Install Ansible on your local environment with at least version 2.9.10
- Connect your AWS account to Spot
- Create a Spot API token to use for communicating with Spot services
- In order to start managing Spot resources with Ansible all you need to do is to run the next command:
ansible-galaxy collection install spot.cloud_modules
You can now create a playbook that contains Spot resources and run them on top of your Ansible application.
Here is an example of a playbook that creates/updates Elastigroup:
Learn more about how you can plug Spot into your DevOps workflows with easy integrations for Ansible, Jenkins, GitLab and more.