Our values are the guiding principles that we follow to manage our internal affairs as well as our relationship with our customers
“Culture is what your people do when you are giving them no direction.”
The Spot Company Values
Our Values are the guiding principles that every Spotian follow to manage our internal affairs as well as our relationship with our customers
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast”
— Peter Drucker
We are customer-obsessed
- We believe that it all starts with customers’ needs. We then work our way backward to how to meet that need.
- We love getting vague customer feedback, which we translate into innovative, simple product features.
- We work relentlessly to exceed our customer expectations – through exceptional products, solutions, and support.
We are humble
- We treat everyone with respect.
- We share the credit when things go well.
- We take responsibility when things go poorly.
- We are open-minded and try to learn all the time.
We get things done
- We move fast.
- Success is what we value, and we always avoid excuses.
- We have a bias for action and take risks; We do so knowing that if we need to fail, best fail fast so we can return to success.
- We expect strong judgment.
- We take ownership; Nothing at Spot is someone else’s problem.
We are professionals
- We value excellence.
- We are masters of our craft.
- We are hands-on and get our hands dirty.
- We operate at all levels, no task is beneath us.
- We never stop writing, reading, and learning.
- We are data-driven, but we also question data and are skeptical.
- We always work to find multiple ways to solve a problem.
We disagree & commit
- We are obligated to respectfully challenge decisions when we disagree.
- We make a decision as our own and fully commit to it once it’s made.
We are Resourceful
- We believe that necessity creates innovation. We accomplish more with less.
“One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out”.
- We make it work, then we make it better.
- We insist on high standards but are also pragmatic on how to get there.
We communicate & escalate
- We keep each other updated frequently.
- We communicate directly, irrespective of hierarchy.
- We escalate when things are not moving in the right direction.